ATTENTION: Musicians, Songwriters, Producers, Engineers…
“Possibly The Greatest Book On Mixing Ever Written…”
If you’re confused about mixing your music or aren’t sure where to start, stop what you’re doing and watch this video from Bobby Owsinski:
Mixing music was once considered an unteachable art, until the release of the first edition of Bobby Owsinski’s The Mixing Engineer’s Handbook. This groundbreaking work is now a staple in college classrooms and professional recording studios alike.
For both the beginner learning to use their DAW and professional mixers looking for a foundational reference to keep by their 48-channel mixing console, The Mixing Engineer’s Handbook 5th Edition is loaded with invaluable knowledge for anyone who mixes music.
What’s Inside The
Mixing Engineer’s Handbook?
For 20 years, the Mixing Engineer’s Handbook has been the go-to resource to learn:
- The Evolution of Mixing (where all of these techniques and the lingo originated)
- Different Mixing styles to try.. so you can discover and develop your own!
- The 12 big differences in mixing live and in the studio
- Monitor selection and placement so you can hear your mix the right way.
- Setting up a listening space for a reflection-free zone, and overcoming acoustical issues you may run into.
- 3 steps to adding subwoofers
- How to mix on headphones (because sometimes you don’t have the luxury of monitors and a good listening space)
- Listening techniques so you know what you hear is what your mix sounds like.
That’s just scratching the surface of what this handbook has to offer.
Bobby Owsinski’s expertise touches on almost everything else mixing-related, with insightful quotes from legends in the industry sprinkled throughout.
The 5th Edition Mixing Engineer’s Handbook goes even further in-depth with topics like:
- Mix preparation so you can have a more comfortable mixing session with fewer mistakes and hassles.
- Session Prep Checklist
- Mixing Mechanics that are vital to finding the sound you are looking for.
- Level Metering – The types of metering and when and how to use them.
- Gain Staging
- The 6 components of a mix
- Mix Balance – How to build and arrange your mix, and tools for a good balance.
- Mixing in Stereo
- Mixing for Immersive Audio (Surround Sound, Dolby Atmos)
- Dynamic Elements – Compression, Limiting, Gating, De-essing, Transient Shapers, and Clippers
- An even deeper dive into compression
- Equalization – Types of EQ and EQ Methods
- 6 trouble frequencies to look out for so you can clean up your mix.
- Dimensional Elements – Delay, Reverb, Modulation, and Layering these effects.
- 6 Principles of adding effects.
- Advanced Techniques for the streaming age
- How to master your mix
- A huge mixing glossary
…and exclusive interviews from 31 legendary mixers representing all genres of music!
What’s New In The 5th Edition?
The First Edition was released 20 years ago centered on the commercial studio and huge recording consoles. But since then, a large majority of recording has started taking place in digital audio workstations recording in a huge variety of places, from a professional studio to a home studio, to the laptop in your bedroom!
The various editions of The Mixing Engineer’s Handbook have evolved to match the state of audio engineering technology, with the goal to preserve classic and modern mixing techniques before they are lost to rumor or twisted to irrelevance.
Updates In This New Edition Include:
- Updated mix build methods including by meters, with pink noise, and the Yardstick mix for faster mixes and better balances
- A brand new method for setting compressors to breathe with the pulse of the song
- A new look at the latest EQ tools including dynamic equalizers and intelligent EQ plugins
- Editing with playlists and streaming in mind, plus the secret to smooth song endings for major-label sounding releases
- A totally new chapter on immersive audio including an primer for mixing in Dolby Atmos
- A look at template mixing for quick and easy mixing
- The best way to use LUFS for mixing music
- Self-mastering tools, tricks and tips for finely polished tracks
- Building a cheap and effective reflection-free-zone to improve your listening environment
- Headphone mixing tips and room calibration technology
- An in-depth look at DAW metering and gain staging for the cleanest mix
- 4 new interviews with hit makers DJ Swivel, Billy Decker, Andrew Maurey, and Dan Korneff
- A bonus website page with 12 more celebrated mixer interviews besides what’s in the book
So, Here’s The Deal…
If you order your copy today, I’ll send you the brand new 5th Edition of The Mixing Engineer’s Handbook for just $39 (and you get FREE shipping).
Get The Vocal Mixing Techniques Mini-Course When You Order Your Physical Copy Today!
Here’s What You’re Getting:
- 5th Edition Digital Mixing Engineer’s Handbook Physical Book (a $44.95 value)
- Vocal Mixing Techniques Mini-Course (a $97 value)
- FREE Shipping!
Total Value: $151.95
Sale Price: $99
Yours Today For Just $39!
Offer Valid in the U.S. Only.
What Others are Saying:
For International Orders, Click Here!
© 2022 Bobby Owsinski Media Group